East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust offers a comprehensive service in Speech and Language Therapy as part of an integrated therapy service. It is split across three localities: Ashford, Shepway and Dover/Deal. We provide services within clinics, sure start centres, nurseries, primary schools, secondary schools, special schools and specialist provisions across all three localities.
Speech and language therapy services offered
- Assessment and therapy for children and young people (0-19) with speech, language, social communication and feeding difficulties, and children with complex needs
- Work takes place within a multi-disciplinary team e.g. Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Paediatricians, Dieticians and Education
- Work with and within Sure Start Centres to promote speech and language development
- Therapy can be clinic based, within primary and secondary schools, within nursery, at home or through parent training courses.
We work with:
Children and young people with:
- Feeding Difficulties
- Complex Needs e.g. Down Syndrome, Fragile X, global developmental delay
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Language and Communication Needs
- Developmental Language Disorder
- Speech sound difficulties or verbal Dyspraxia
- Dysfluency (stammer/stutter)
- Cleft lip and/or palate
- Selective communicators/Reluctant Talkers
- Voice disorders
- Hearing impaired
Please see the pages on the left for information and resources to support children and young people with communication difficulties, and for information about how to refer.