Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change my outpatient appointment? 

Please see our Outpatient Services webpages

I've changed my address or telephone number. What do I do?

Please see our Outpatient Services webpages

How do I access my health records?

Please see our Access to Health Records section

I would like to work at East Kent Hospitals, who do I need to contact?

To find our about job opportunities, please contact the Recruitment team:

I would like to do work experience at one of your hospitals, who do I contact?

Please see our Work Experience section 

I would like to volunteer at one of your hospitals, who do I contact?

Please see our Volunteering section

I need to have a blood test. What are the opening times?

Please see our information on having a blood test 

How can I contact the Radiology department about appointments and results? (including CT/MRI and XRay) 

Please see our Radiology webpages 

How do I make a complaint?

Please see our Compliments and Complaints section

How do I make a FOI request?

Please see our Freedom of Information section

How can I contact a ward or department?

Please see our Wards and Departments section for contact numbers and visiting times.

Where can I find information about Sexual Health services?

Please visit the Kent Sexual health website 

Where can I find information about Community nurses? 

Please visit the Kent Community Health website  

Who do I contact about mental health issues?

Please visit the Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT) website

Can I use TextRelay?

All East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust telephone numbers are accessible through TextRelay.

People using Textphones to make a call should dial 18001 followed by the full telephone number.

People calling a textphone should dial 18002 followed by the full telephone number.

Further information can be found at the TextRelay website.

Urgent care help and advice - NHS 111

NHS 111 is a new service that has been introduced to make it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services. It provides one, easy-to-remember number that is free to call from landlines or mobiles.

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation.

 Call 111 if: 

  • you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next  

Find out more, visit www.nhs.uk/111